Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £62.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Crosby Bed and Breakfast

Address: 93 Lowther Street, Penrith, CA11 7UW

Hotel Description

Crosby Bed & Breakfast in Penrith offers high-quality accommodation in Cumbria, just 10 minutes’ drive from the Lake District National Park. Its en suite rooms have free Wi-Fi and are accompanied by excellent breakfasts using fine local produce. All rooms at Crosby Bed & Breakfast have en suite bathroom facilities with shower and complementary toiletries. There is a flat-screen TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities in each room. Breakfast is served in the dining room and features Cumberland sausage, grilled bacon rashers, free range eggs, vine tomatoes, toast, homemade jams and tea or fresh cafetiere coffee. There is also cereal, fruit, fresh juice and crusty bread. In a Victorian town house, Crosby Bed & Breakfast is just a 10-minute walk from the centre of Penrith. Further north, Carlisle and the Scottish border are around 30 minutes’ drive from the town.

Rooms & Online Bookings - Crosby Bed and Breakfast

Hotel Reviews - Crosby Bed and Breakfast

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Crosby Bed and Breakfast

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 1.66 miles (2.65 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.